Inclusive and Equitable Social Protection for Marginalized Workers program enrolls in the thematic “Decent Work” and its strategic objective to promoting decent work for sustainable, equitable, solidarity and inclusive development. We contribute to two specific objectives: "Social protections for all" and "Promotion of social dialogue for all."
We are obtaining national impact by using a combination of strategies:
Specific Objective for Cambodia
About 78,000 organized marginalized workers in Cambodia, in particular women, can increase their economic and social resilience by influencing the relevant decision makers to expand, finance and deliver social protection more effectively and equitably.
- Social security for informal garment workers with homebased or sub-contract enterprises.
- Decent work for marginalized workers in general services including: entertainment, food and beverage, supermarkets, gasoline stations, waste collection, public transportation, street vendors, and domestic workers.
- Social protection for small scale farmers, especially women’s farmers
- Women empowerment and gender equality with garment workers, sex workers
- Youth engagement in social protection especially with youth who are working in informal sectors.
Presentation on the challenges faced by local women leader during a forum on “Local women leader in formal and informal sector: Participation, decision, responsibility,” February 2016. Photo: Oxfam
Cover photo: United Sissterhood